After a whole can of PB blaster to try to separate the fuel line on top of my fuel hat to try to swap the fuel pump – I was unsuccessful. That line is fused together with rust, so I am looking for a replacement fuel hat since I’m going to have to break the line to get it off..
On another note, I’m getting a little better at tuning I suppose lol. Car is running a lot better now, the ability to monitor knock and all of the other things from the LCDBC has been a HUGE help.
I learned that my TPS is sitting on 21% at idle from my LCDBC as well, which is a part of the problems I’ve been having. Planning to adjust that very soon, its just a pain to get to the bottom bolt of the TPS because of my hard pipes. Takes a little bit of work to get that section off.
I’m loving the LCDBC more every day, definitely the best upgrade I’ve purchased for my car. Highly recommend it to anyone with these cars, a must have upgrade.
Aside from that, I picked up 2G headlight buckets over the weekend as well as some more black interior pieces. Now I just need the front bumper and head lights/corner lights to finish up my front end conversion! I know several people weren’t thrilled about the idea of me changing a pearl white VR4 into a 2G/3G but they’re not paying for the car lol. The plan is either a 98 front bumper or a 99 front bumper, 2G head lights and I’m working on changing my 2G hood to an evil eye hood. I’ve seen others like this and its just really appealing in my opinion. Whole car will be painted with the Evo’s Wicked White once I have time to be away from the car after these parts are all ready to put on.
I’m thinking I’m going to sit my 15Gs aside for when I put my 4bolt block in after I finish building it. I don’t think its worth risking it on my 2 bolt block with its cast crank to put them on just yet.
Today, I also went out on my lunch at work and set the TPS a lot better. I had to mess with the SAS screw because someone else had messed with it in the past, ended up being a big part of my problem. I am not so sure that I even have it adjusted correctly yet. I am going to have to check the manual later and see.
It is idling a lot better, but still does a weird thing when I am driving that it has always done – the RPMs shoot up when I put in my clutch to shift gears, or even if I am just putting it in neutral slowing down. Not sure if that is part of the “no lift to shift” thing in my Chrome settings or what. I’ll try shutting that off when I get home tonight and see if it helps.